This page contains links to various resources and tools. If you've made, published, or produced something for What's O.L.D. is N.E.W., it's welcome on this page. Just shoot a quick email over with the details!
If you're using the What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. starter kit, be sure to check out that page, which has character sheets for the pregenerated characters and a poster map of the temple.
Note that while third party resources are welcome to be linked to, EN Publishing cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- WOIN Rules FAQ v1.3. This document is not errata; it is designed to clarify and answer commonly asked rules questions regarding the What’s OLD is NEW roleplaying game system. To that end, you won’t find new rules or corrections here. If you have a question for the WOIN Rules FAQ, simply ask it in the forum. If it turns out to indeed be a question that is commonly asked, it’ll get added to this FAQ! EONS articles are not covered in this FAQ.
- Official Errata. Check this thread for official errata. If you are using electornic versions of the books, please make sure you have the latest version.
Download the FREE adventure, The Haunting of Calrow Ruins
"You can hear them at night when the mist creeps in off the lakeshore, jibber-jabbering like madmen trying to form words. For years they’ve haunted me, but still I can’t fathom what it means, as if some half-formed mind yearns for the power to speak for itself…"
- Ser Paviss, Knight Overwatch of Calrow Ruins
This free 14-page adventure for the WOIN roleplaying game system is a fantasy/horror adventure suitable for a party of grade 5 characters. Written by Aaron Infante-Levy and illustrated by Sade.
Download the FREE adventure, Death on Ascalaon
"Space is the greatest thing, as it contains all things."
- THALES, Greek astronomer, mathematician, philosopher
This free 25-page adventure for the WOIN roleplaying game system is a hard sci-fi adventure suitable for a party of grade 5 characters.
Sent to investigate a tragic accident on a distant space station, the PCs soon become embroiled in a saboteur's plot and illegal human experiments using ancient alien DNA. Can they stop the saboteur before he destroys the station, and uncover the mystery of the Proteans?
Fan creations can be found in the downloads area. Feel free to add your own! You'll also see a number of conversion guides which can be used to easily include materials from Pathfinder, D&D, Traveller, d20 Modern/Future, FASA Star Trek, and more in your WOIN games with a little conversion work!
Record Sheets & Other Resources
- Character sheet. Download a free PDF character sheet. Also, be sure to check out the six iconic pregenerated characters on the Starter Set page.
- Form-fillable character sheet. The same sheet as above, but as a form-fillable PDF. Be sure to download this to your computer rather than open it in your browser, or the forms won't work. If you're using a mobile device, the Adobe Reader apps for iOS and Android allow you to fill out form-fillable PDFs.
- Blank equipment sheet. A PDF to record equipment, ammo, and replenishable points (MAGIC, PSIONICS, or CHI).
- Future character sheet. From WOIN Future Careers.
- Also available is a separate skill sheet.
- Fantasy character sheet. From WOIN Fantasy Careers.
- Character worksheet. Use this while generating a character to keep track of everything, then copy the final results onto a character sheet.
- Blank starship record sheet. A PDF to record a starship's stats.
- Starship construction form. From the Starship Construction Manual; use this form to build your starship.
- Vehicle design sheet. For converting real-world vehicles to WOIN vehicle stats.
- Vehicle record sheet (and a smaller version with two sheets per page).
- Vehicle counter sheet. For use with the vehicle combat rules. Contains cars, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Vehicle turn guide. For vehicle combat without hex grids.
- Status tracker. To keep track of your status tracks, print out this tracker.
- RESOLVE rules. This short PDF introduces optional rules for sanity and social/mental attacks using a RESOLVE score which works alongside a character's HEALTH score.
- World, civilization, & organization logs. Record sheets for sci-fi games.
- N.E.W. index. The index of N.E.W. The Science Fiction Roleplaying Game in PDF format for convenience.
- W.O.I.N. Random Character Descriptor. Randomly generates a descriptor for a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. character. You can choose an infidivual genre (O.L.D., N.E.W. or N.O.W.), or select "Mixed" to pick races/species/heritages and careers/traditions from the whole gamut of What's O.L.D. is N.E.W.
- N.E.W. Star System Creator. Generates a star system based on the tables in N.E.W. The Roleplaying Game. This generator creates and illustrates the star(s) and shows, describes, and names all of the individual planets and moons in the system.
- N.E.W. Terrestrial Planet Creator. Quickly creates a terrestrial planet for N.E.W. The Roleplaying Game.
- N.E.W. Weapon Designer. Creates a science-fiction firearm or melee weapon, along with W.O.I.N stats. Roll up ten or so to stock a small science-fiction firearms shop.
- Spaceship Creator. Generates a quick human-owned spaceship, along with its captain, first officer, and cargo hold. The ship itself may have any origin of manufacture, depending on the franchise you choose, but the captain will be human. Best used to quickly generate a list of ships at a docking port, space station, or similar.
- N.E.W. RPG Shipyard. Creates a shipyard and components stock for the N.E.W. RPG.
- O.L.D. Spell Creator. This generator only uses the basic stats and values, not the detailed ones. You'll need to apply those manually. You can enter duration, range, area, etc. and it will give you the total MP value of your selection. Most useful when converting a spell from another system and it's more important that the spell stats are mimicked than a particular MP budget be used. You can create a surprisingly wide variety of spells with just this basic calculator.
- O.L.D. Herb Name. Generates a herb name using the tables in the O.L.D. RPG.
- N.E.W. Planet Name Generator. Using real astronomical format, the name of a planet. Greek letter, constellation in genitive form, and Roman numeral designating position from parent star.
- Random Space Radio Chatter. As the PCs' ship approaches the space station, they open radio frequencies and listen to the space traffic controller handling the various ships in the vicinity.
- Magical Incantation Generator. An assortment of magical sounding words put together in random order.
- Sci-fi Corporation Generator. Create a quick sci-fi corporation, along with a few details about their business.
- N.E.W. Technobabble Generator. Technobabble, ready for insertion into your sci-fi games! From auxiliary baryon capacitors to phased gravimetric distortions, it won't make sense - but say it with enough conviction and it will sound like it does!
Third Party Products
Becuase WOIN is an Open Gaming Content system, third parties are able to create products for it. Here are the ones we know about. If you have created a product compatible with WOIN, let us know so that we can add it to the list.
- City of Brass is an electronic tools suite which includes What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. in its supported games.
- Crow's Rest Island is a starting adventure for fantasy settings. The adventure includes illustarted pre-generated characters.
- DIgital Character Sheet by Mr. Nate has support for WOIN characters.
- Memnon' Gambit. Embers Design Studio is one of the first third parties to release an adventure for the What's OLD is NEW roleplaying game system. It's a 32-page introductory time travelling adventure which lists the past, the present, and the future, designed to play in one session, and including six pregenerated characters.
- Starship Deck Plans. Gamer Printshop has released 4 star ship deck plans featuring What's O.L.D. is N.E.W starship game stats:
- Cargo Transport Star Ship - standard armor, lightly armed with a long central spar where cargo containers are attached.
- Thunderbird Corsair Star Ship - a pocket warship favored by interstellar pirates.
- Crusader Close Escort Star Ship - an anti-piracy escort ship operated by the Interstellar Brotherhood of the Knights Templar.
- Peregrine Fast Diplomatic Sloop - designed to transport an imperial ambassador to diplomatic locations in the shortest time possible.