Errata & Rules FAQ
This is the official errata and rules FAQ for the WOIN roleplaying game system.
Please ensure you have the latest versions of each book. At present this is v1.1. of both N.E.W. and O.L.D. The version number is indicated on the credits page. The hardcovers for both games are v1.1. If you have a PDF and it is not v1.1, please redownload it from where you got it. If you have trouble getting the latest version of the PDF, don't hesitate to contact us for help. All errata applies to the latest version of the book. Look for the version number in the locations shown below.
- N.E.W. Errata v1.8. This is the official errata document for N.E.W. The Roleplaying Game.
- Starship Construction Manual Errata v1.2. This is the official errata for the Starship Construction Manual.
- Please ensure your copy of O.L.D. is Version 1.1 (see credits page). If it is not, please redownload it from where you got it. The hardcovers are all Version 1.1.
- WOIN Critical Hits Errata v1.0. This document replaces the critical hit system found in N.E.W. and O.L.D. It is designed to be a little more “noticeable” in play, and quicker/easier to resolve, and make different damage types more distinct. This should be considerd the core rule, and as such will appear in N.OW. and 2000AD, as well as future printings of O.L.D. and N.E.W.
- WOIN Rules FAQ v1.8. This document is not errata; it is designed to clarify and answer commonly asked rules questions regarding the What’s OLD is NEW roleplaying game system. To that end, you won’t find new rules or corrections here. If you have a question for the WOIN Rules FAQ, simply ask it in the forum. If it turns out to indeed be a question that is commonly asked, it’ll get added to this FAQ! EONS articles are not covered in this FAQ.
- Starship Combat Rules FAQ v.1.0. This FAQ is designed to help GMs run starship combat. It compiles related errata from the errata document, and discusses how to run a combat, how various rules work, and has a few additional rules.