3rd-Party & Fan Links
These are some of the fan links that we know about. Please do let us know of any more!
- Dragon's Blood. A live-play series of videos by Mr. Nate.
- N.E.W. Random Plot Generator. By Michael Woods, this creates a quick sci-fi plot.
- Tablestory: Khwarezmia. An OLD live-play video series.
- Turn Order: Warped. Started as a fan show, now the official WOIN livestream hosted by wacksteven.
- Vampifan's WOIN Blog. A blog dedicated to the What's Old Is New role-playing systems by EN Publishing.
- WOIN Campaign Weapons/Rules. A list of new weapons from raspberryfh.
- WOIN Character Assistant. A python-based downloadable character builder by DesertDogSledder. Has a cool old-school text interface.
Google Sheets: to use these you need to select "File -> Make a copy".
- NEW Char Sheet. A spreadsheet to help generate NEW characters from Juan Sierra.
- N.E.W. Character Sheet. This sheet helps with character creation; by Ironxxx.
- O.L.D. Char Gen Template. By Criamon, this helps you generate a complete OLD character.
- WOIN Character Sheet by Arthreas. An automated character sheet with support for many core and EONS races. There's an Imgur Album to explain it.
Fan creations can be found in the downloads area. Feel free to add your own! You'll also see a number of conversion guides which can be used to easily include materials from Pathfinder, D&D, Traveller, d20 Modern/Future, FASA Star Trek, and more in your WOIN games with a little conversion work!
Third Party Products
Becuase WOIN is an Open Gaming Content system, third parties are able to create products for it. Here are the ones we know about. If you have created a product compatible with WOIN, let us know so that we can add it to the list.
- City of Brass is an electronic tools suite which includes What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. in its supported games.
- Crow's Rest Island is a starting adventure for fantasy settings. The adventure includes illustarted pre-generated characters.
- Digital Character Sheet by Mr. Nate has support for WOIN characters.
- Fantasy Grounds. N.E.W. is available on the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabeltop. "This custom built ruleset features a N.E.W. themed desktop with functionality and support for creating, managing and running a campaign in the stars. It includes the What's Old is New rules and the N.E.W. rulebook in a readable format directly within Fantasy Grounds, custom character sheet, items, tables, encounters, skills and more."
- Fantasy Grounds on Steam. The same release as above, available on Steam.
- Memnon' Gambit. Embers Design Studio is one of the first third parties to release an adventure for the What's OLD is NEW roleplaying game system. It's a 32-page introductory time travelling adventure which lists the past, the present, and the future, designed to play in one session, and including six pregenerated characters.
- Sunken Temple. Another adventure from Embers Design Studio, this 99-page adventure is inspired by Lovecraft,
- Starship Deck Plans. Gamer Printshop has released 4 star ship deck plans featuring What's O.L.D. is N.E.W starship game stats:
- Cargo Transport Star Ship - standard armor, lightly armed with a long central spar where cargo containers are attached.
- Thunderbird Corsair Star Ship - a pocket warship favored by interstellar pirates.
- Crusader Close Escort Star Ship - an anti-piracy escort ship operated by the Interstellar Brotherhood of the Knights Templar.
- Peregrine Fast Diplomatic Sloop - designed to transport an imperial ambassador to diplomatic locations in the shortest time possible.