LUCK is a special attribute. It is used as a replenishable resource which can modify other die rolls and perform special actions. It represents luck, fate, chance, destiny faith, divine favor, karma, and more.
Each player should form a LUCK dice pool. As dice are used from the LUCK pool, simply discard them. LUCK can be used to:
- Add dice to any attribute check on a 1:1 basis.
- Deduct dice from someone else's attribute check on a 1:1 basis.
- Absorb dice of damage on a 1:1 basis. Note that fractional dice cannot be absorbed (so of 2d6+3 damage, the 2d6 can be absorbed, but not the remaining 3).
- Add dice to a damage roll on a 1:1 basis.
- Gain one bonus action per turn by spending a LUC die. This can only happen during a character’s own turn.
- Reduce an inflicted condition by one stage per die as a reaction to the effect which causes it.
- Perform a signature move.
- Perform other special actions granted by careers and exploits.
LUCK dice "explode". This means that whenever a 6 is rolled, the die is rolled again and the new roll added to the original 6. This process is repeated if subsequent 6s are rolled. It is recommended that LUCK dice be a different color to other dice so that they can be easily distinguished.
The leadership skill creates a dice pool (replenished daily at the same time as the LUC dice pool; bonus replenishments for LUC do not grant bonus leadership replenishments) which can be used to donate your LUC dice to other characters. Form a dice pool based on your leadership skill. As a free action you may issue instructions and advice to donate any of these dice to another character with whom you can communicate. The dice must be spent within 5 minutes, and the donation can include any limitations as to which attributes or skills it may be used with.
These leadership dice come from your own LUC pool - they are not an additional, spearate resource. The leadership pool simply indicates how many of your LUC dice you may donate.
Once per day, a character may replenish his LUCK pool. Some careers or traditions allow for an additional replenishment; these do not stack, and you cannot gain more than one additional daily replenishment.
Other Uses of LUCK
Other uses of LUCK manipulate situations where the odds are normally even.
- When determining a 50/50 chance of an outcome, roll a Routine  LUCK check instead. Characters with higher LUCK succeed more often on an ostensibly 50/50 chance.
- When randomly determining a PC, have each player roll LUCK. Either the highest or the lowest wins, depending on the situation.